Monday, January 03, 2011

For Whom The Krells Toll


The luvva my wife called home today to ask me if we had watched FORBIDDEN PLANET last night because Anne Francis had died. First I knew about it. I'm devastated, yet at least there's now, truthfully, reason to believe there will indeed be Honey in heaven. When I met Ms. Francis, a high point in my life and quite possibly in anyone else's she so graced, she was sweet, funny and charming, and the interview went so well nothing on the tape had to be Altair-4'ed publication. May the article that came from it help ensure that her present and far-flung future fans remember her work and her self happily Anne fondly. -- Terry Blass

Read one honey of an Anne Francis interview HERE.

2 comments:

Nick Cato said...

SO sad---and I just enjoyed watching her in that AMAZING episode of the Twilight Zone with the mannequins. :(

BARTOK said...

Lovely piece on Anne Francis ... Thanks for the good words on the Budd Boetticher/Arruza post, glad you got a chance to meet Budd. I've got a copy of his unpublished manuscript for "Where Are The Elephants" here, sadly I don't think it'll ever see the light of day ...